Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Why this Blog

When I first saw the 800 Building, I pretty much fell in love with it. I'm an electrical engineer, and I've got a soft spot for buildings made out of glass, concrete, and iron. I love the location, and the built in parking garage. I do not want to leave.

However, the building has problems. A lot of them. And if you're considering a place to stay in downtown Louisville, I'd recommend you think twice about saying here. This web page chronicles the problems I've run into living here, and I'll keep updating it so long as I can stand to remain here.

I maintain this page in the feeble hope that management will do something and I won't have to move somewhere else. As I said, I really like the building, but recent events are just ridiculous.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post on my blog, Dennis. It's interesting to hear from someone who actually lives in the building. Is it all original inside (I mean in a good way)? After selling my house in LA in 2006, I rented an apartment in the Los Feliz Towers, about the same vintage as the 800. It had plenty of hot water, but there was a fire two weeks after I moved in that gutted a unit two floors below me (I was on 11, but it was really 12). No sprinklers and some people never left. It was also interesting seeing just how long it took the firemen to get to the unit with their hoses (a half hour since the ladder wasn't tall enough). Built as an apartment building and converted to condos, the sound insulation was poor and it seemed like one of the two elevators broke for a few days every month.

    ReplyDelete