Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I love these elevators

This morning, elevator number 1 was on the fritz again. I've never seen this kind of failure mode before; it was sitting at the lobby floor, repeatedly opening and closing its door on about a ten second cycle. It was doing this when I started my laundry; and it was still doing it when I was finished. It's probably still going right now.

On the plus side, I saw the washing machine guy come in to work on the washers, so perhaps we'll get number 3 and number 6 working again. It's good that the building is only a quarter full; if we were at max capacity, the only way to get an empty washer would be to do laundry at 3 am.

In other news, the weather has started to get pretty cold, but other than a difference of 20+ degrees between the floor and ceiling the internal heat is keeping up. The tap water in the bathroom is also unusually hot - so I suspect someone turned up the temperature on the main boilers downstairs. It's a much needed change.

No comments:

Post a Comment